PERFECT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ENOUGH MARKETING MATERIALS NEEDED ON A MONTHLY BASIS, BUT DON’T WANT TO HIRE A FULL-TIME DESIGNER.
Why Choose a Retainer Program
- Discounts – You get discounted rate compared to normal freelance fees. The more hours you commit, the lower the hourly rate.
- Plan your project deadlines with peace of mind – Guaranteed amount of prioritized work each month.
- Simplified Accounting – you pay a set amount each month for the duration of the retainer contract.
- Less Paperwork – eliminate contracts to sign and multiple invoices to track on a per project basis.
- No Overhead – you get the access to a professional designer without the overhead associated with having an employee.
A retainer fee is like a monthly fee. Its perfect for those who know that they will need design services throughout the year and want to reserve a creative professional’s time. Since its purpose is to retain the designer, it is paid up front each month before work is ordered. Essentially, you are “pre-ordering” time versus a service. Since I will anticipate a preset number of hours of work from you, I will block out my schedule for the appropriate time each month. This gives me the ability to plan my workload accordingly. Which gives you the certainty of a pre-established amount of work each month without having to worry about what else is “in the queue” ahead of you. It’s more efficient for all involved.
graphic Designer retainer fees
- 3-month minimum commitment. At the end of 3 months, we will re-evaluate the program you are to ensure the number of hours are fitting your business needs. After that, we can move to 6, or 12-month commitments.
- Each retainer includes a set number of hours each month. If you wish to go over your hours then you will be billed a standard rate of $75 per hour.
- Unused hours will expire. We do our best to make sure you stay up-to-date on the status of your retainer hours, but ultimately it’s your responsibility to make sure they’re used within the 3, 6 or 12 month time frame. Unfortunately, unused hours at the end of the contract are forfeited, as that would defeat the purpose of allocating retainer time each month for projects. If I am running close on hours hitting their threshold, I will let you know before going over.
- You will get a detailed invoice each month of the projects worked and hours allocated to them.
What Type of Services Can Be Used in the Retainer Program
- Graphic Design – logos for new products/services, icons, and typography treatments.
- Digital Materials – email templates, social media graphics, blog banners, and other web designs
- Web Updates & Maintenance – content, graphics and web maintenance can be provided for select customers.
- Services do not include additional costs like stock images & printing.
- Additional services are available upon request. If you would like stock images that will an additional cost.
How Does It Work
- I’ll set up a consultation so I can hear more about your project and get to know each other. I want to learn all about your business and goals. We’ll review your business needs and upcoming projects. The retainer program is for repeat clients, so if we haven’t yet worked together, lets start by working on something like a branding package, website, or other design materials first.
- First payment. Once the paperwork is completed and the first retainer fee is paid, I will setup all your projects needed for the month in my client service dashboard. From there, you will be able to see how much time is being spent on each project as well as time remaining for the month. Prior to the 2nd month, we will have a call or chat to review the next month’s priorities. Payment for the month ahead will be due on the 1st of each month.
- Repeat. We will repeat the process each month for the remainder of the program you selected.
- Reevaluate. At the end of your contract, we will review the program to see if you want to adjust the number of hours reserved each month before signing again!